Monday, April 9, 2012

The last few years of my life have been such a roller coaster. When I think back to how bad things were, I'm amazed at where I'm at right now. It's still a little tough to wrap my mind around the fact that everything is actually ok. I got used to it all being so up and down that I'm still a little weary. I don't want to get too comfortable. Waiting for things to go bad has almost become 2nd nature. There are no more lies waiting to come out. My sister isn't crying and screaming every day. I'm not fighting with my dad. I haven't had to pack up my life. I haven't cried or been angry from all the stress of everything being so BROKEN. The pieces are being put back together. I never thought I'd see the day. I never expected things to get better, and they have. The silver lining came, and didn't go away like I expected it to.

I'm not complaining. I am merely reflecting. I'm trying to understand my thoughts and feelings. I'm trying to get used to things being good. I'm trying to learn to trust it all, and let myself plant my feet on solid ground. The whole happy family became so foreign to me that I'm even still getting used to that idea. I supposed one day at a time, I will eventually let myself be ok with being ok, if that makes any sense at all. 

Anywho. That's all for now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment