Monday, April 9, 2012

Written October 26th, 2010.

 I know I've met you. I know at one time, I loved you. Your heart was imperfect, as was mine. While mine grew strong and lived on, yours faded away and above. You faded too soon, brother, sooner before I was old enough to remember you throughout my lifetime.

I look back on memories that are not mine, only stories that have been told to me. Yet, I somehow feel it is my duty to life through this obscene life and make it worth the fight we both had fought together in the beginning.

Your smile has left my young memory, how I wish I could see it for myself instead of hearing those stories. You went before I could understand what "gone forever" meant. I try my best because I think that it is what you, my brother, would want me to do. Isn't it? A question I wish you were here to answer.

Forgive me for my selfishness. Wishing you away from resting peacefully above. But a part of me is empty. Empty from never being able to know you or remember that at one time, I was your sister, and that I had once loved you, my dear, Baby Brother.

Kari Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment