Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Open book? Not even. It takes a lot of time and effort for me to open up to anyone about even the simplest of things. I've had this big gray wall up my whole life. Few have been able to break it down. One would be lucky if I let them put a crack in it. I think that sometimes it's more that I don't trust myself to trust others, if that makes any sense at all. The second I trust someone even a little, I give them power to disappoint me. That's a risk I'm not sure I am willing to take, not again. If they want even ounce of trust from me, then they'll have to work for it. Just remember," actions speak louder than words." Words are useless if one does not reinforce them with their actions.

This is how I work. I am "sticking to my guns." Whoever can handle that and stick around, deserves a round of applause. Although, I won't hold my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment